These are the specific priorities that FMDH as a whole has been asked to deliver against in 2020/21.
UEB priorities for FMDH in 2020-21
- Embed the faculty priorities, ensuring collaboration across departments and divisions and breaking down silo working
- Ensure the action plan for REF2021 is enacted with plans to reduce 2* outputs and produce a framework and environment that ensures a pipeline of high quality outputs and impact case studies for REF2028;
- Develop a Faculty Research Strategy and deliver on plans to align academic appointments to Faculty research priorities and Flagship Institutes with a view to increasing Faculty research income and improving teaching;
- Enhance grant capture in the Faculty, specifically in Oncology and through the utilisation of the Sheffield PET-MRI facility;
- Develop a Faculty workload allocation model in context of the institutional reflection on workload;
- Enact the PGR strategy to increase the number of students through use of externally funded studentships, renew doctoral training programmes and strategically use match funding for studentships in a way which aligns to research priorities;
- Develop a plan to review and develop the PGT portfolio, which includes working with other faculties on areas of mutual interest and implementing an action plan to improve retention of intercalating students
- Continue to embed the Programme Level Approach (PLA) across the Faculty, sharing best practice and using this as a catalyst for improvements across learning and teaching;
- Use the Academic Career Pathway (ACP) and SRDS to ensure staff understand and perform in line with expectations for their areas of work;
- Continue to embed the Health Sciences School into business as usual, review the programme offer and propose new apprenticeship programmes where appropriate.